Why am I blogging?

In short, Steve Yegge said I should.

Steve made a lot of points in the above post that made me think it would really help me gather my thoughts.  Lessons I have learned in my IT career so far, ideals to strive for, tools I like, tools I dislike etc etc are all thoughts running through my mind.  I think that documenting these thoughts will force me to scrutinise why I feel the way I do about something.

A great project manager here at the FT forces us to scrutinise our thoughts/suggestions when we express an opinion that is more feeling than fact with a well timed "Why?".  I'm hoping to apply this same technique on my myself with blogging!

Whether or not I will get these benefits of course remains to be seen. 

I have to say I was hesitant before starting this, but my doubts were all countered on Steve's post which (along with all his posts) I would thoroughly recommend reading.  In fact if my posts are 1/10th as informed, interesting and well written I'll be very happy indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to test for connection leaks

Nagios vs Sensu vs Icinga2

Lessons learned from a connection leak in production